Sunday, May 9, 2010

Product Review: Burton Distortion Backpack

Photobucket

Photobucket

Here it is! My prized backpack. Big, lightweight, tough, lots and lots of pockets and pouches... perfect!



Just The Facts, Ma'am:

Well, uhhhh... it's a backpack? I'm gonna have to get creative on this one....


Dimensions:


The "main" compartment is about 18" tall, by 7" deep, by 12" wide. Bigger than you'd think. The extra pockets add another 2" to the depth and width (on each side), for a total depth of 9", and width of 16".


Holds:


Two full gallons of water in the main pocket, plus a 3-ring binder in the "laptop pouch". And then, a shit-ton of stuff in the 8 outer-pouches. Mostly backwoods-survival gear like knives, waterproof matches, skewers, a fishing kit, a sewing kit, all kinds of fire starters and blowhorns, a few Cokes... you name it, it's probably in there.


Neato Features:

Will accommodate a skateboard or a snowboard via outboard straps. Comes with a very handy cellphone-carrying pouch on the front of one of the shoulder straps. Has a comfortable, padded hand-carrying strap between the shoulder straps. The shoulder-straps themselves are super-comfy. The boss-as-hell "black" colorway effectively hides grime and stains. And, it holds a ton of stuff. But, I covered that already.

I think that it may be Camelback compatible, too... but, I'm not 100% sure on that one. It has a straw-hole for "something", but what that "something" is, I'm not entirely certain. What is certain s that, MrCokesNSmokes is only Coke compatible. And thus, so is MrCoke's backpack.


Price, From:

I think it was on sale for about $40, from The House (www.the-house.com).


Worth It...?

Hell, yeah! I stole this bitch, no doubt about that. Great deal. Wish I'd bought two...


Why I Didn't Review It This Winter:

I got all busy snowboarding and slacking off, and I plum forgot to do it. Worry not: It's way handy during non-snow months, too.


Also good for:

Toting my shit all over hell and creation, storing crap in my econocar, and day-trips hiking through Brown County. Also works great on snowboard expeditions, and surviving in the backcountry.


The Bag Has Survived:

Mr Coke's haphazard tossing-of-the-bag, several water spills, an entire snowboarding season, and several weeks in the blazing-sun-greenhouse of the econobubble. Looks like new. I'd say, this fucker could probably survive an Armageddon. Maybe, even two.


Typical "Burton"?

Well, Burton stuff's traditionally been kinda hit-or-miss for me. Generally, it's very good stuff... but, there has been the occasional less-than-perfect product in my collection. This one's a definite "hit", though. I'm liking it.


The Final Verdict:


I'm glad that Burton is keeping up the good work (most of the time). Good job, fellas. Hope you make these again next year.


Photobucket