Saturday, May 1, 2010

The Collection: Funhouse Skateboards

Photobucket


My collection of skateboards just keep growing my leaps and bounds over here. This week, I thought I'd share some of my favorite Funhouses:



Photobucket

Ahhh... a classic! The OG "Ticket Puncher". This is the board that I spent most of my time on, during my 2008 Summer Tour. I got my first one as a freebie from JJ himself, for an old Concrete Wave product review. Great board, but a little small, wheelbase-wise. So, I re-drilled it 1" longer, and went with that. And, it seriously rocked after that. Once I had that little secret stuffed under my belt, I went ahead and ordered another three or four Punchers, along with a couple of the limited edition, all-black "Golden Ticket Punchers". But, the OG "tester" is the only one I've ever ridden, 'cuz they're practically indestructible. Set up with Indy 169's, 60mm 92a NOS Bullets, and Bennett Big Red Rubbers (on the bottom) to keep everything swiveling nicely.



Photobucket

This is from the very first run of Cherry Bombers, I believe... with the old, "short" mold, coupled with the "long", double-drilled wheelbase... which resulted in a steep-as-hell nose and tail. Perfect for small-transition skating, though... like the shallow end of bowls, or the short quarterpipes at the far end of Bloomington's park. Makes 'Hell Concave' look sooo wussy, by comparison. Set up with Indy 169's, and 60mm 95a NOS Bullets.


Photobucket

This one's a "Mini Ticket Puncher", the "cruiser" of the [old] line. Unlike most "cruisers", though, this one has a fully functional, twin-kick, and steep-ass concave. JJ's artwork is so iconic... like, it was meant to be put on skateboards, and nothing else. The detail is absolutely incredible. And, JJ is the coolest guy you could ever imagine... a solid program that I end up supporting over and over and over again [obviously]. Set up with Bennett 4.3's, 62mm 78a Alligators, and OG Big Red Rubbers [again].


I actually have a lot more Funhouses in the archives... Big Fish, Jack The Drippers, and on and on. Some are out on loan here and there (Jeremy, y'ever set up that Dripper, for pete's sakes...?!)... but, these three are generally, my go-to Funhouses. I racked up many a good memory on these. And, if JJ could ever figure out how to stop selling out of everything (he's gettin' purtty popular these days...), I might finally be able to pick up a few more...! Let's pray together, okay...?

Thanks for everything, big fella. I'll call in an order soon enough...


Photobucket