Sunday, April 25, 2010

And The Winner Is...

Photobucket

A couple weeks ago, we ran our very first "contest" here at The Solitary Life. Buried deep in the Evansville article was a totally impromptu "Name That Board" quiz . The correct answer, of course, is "Real Rob 'Sluggo' Boyce". The board is circa "about 1991" (or so), for all you skate-nerds out there...


Photobucket

Here's the "contest board", right here. It's one of the "cruisers" that the guys at Get Wet in Evansville, Indiana have floating around the shop. We're always shooting classic boards on the road, and we figured it washigh time to put one of these pics to good use.


The correct answer was submitted by Skull and Bones user "SkateRags" of San Antonio, Texas the very next day. So, we hurriedly sent him a prize pack that consisted of a big handful of both old/historical, and brand-new stickers… with an offer that, if that prize sucked, we would be more than happy to go back to the archives, and find something else. We don't like to suck here at The Solitary Life. And, we love our readers.

Today, we got this from SkateRags:



"I got my prize today, and I appreciate the effort. I also appreciate the "If its not right, I will fix it offer." I am almost tempted to take you up on it, just because I love the thrill of waiting for a package. That would be the only reason, though, because I am very happy with the stickers.

I have misplaced all my stickers, and had to stay out of the last [Skull and Bones] sticker swap. This is perfect. Thank you…”


No, SkateRags- thank you for reading The Solitary Life! Without our beloved readers, we'd just be a bunch of nutty nerds, incessantly typing to ourselves for no go reason at all. Which is what our girlfriends think of us, already…


Photobucket