Saturday, July 10, 2010

Finally! A Good Letter!

Photobucket

Sometimes, I'm way smarter than I would ever guess that I am. Just a couple of days ago, I was brainstorming my "Better Letter Contest", and kind of laughing at myself because I thought it was such a nutty idea. But, true to form, I said "Screw It!" and went with it anyway. Well: It's only been about six hours or so since I posted the contest up on The Solitary Life, and we've already received one of the coolest letters ever! Check this out:

"Hey there! I saw someone post a link in the Silverfish Longboard forum about free shit and I love free things. Now you're obviously wanting to know why me, this random writer, deserves to get sent something... well, to be honest, I just started skating (longboarding, to be exact) and I figured every little bit that I can get helps. About four days ago I stumbled upon my dad's 30 year old custom skate/long board that he made back in the 70's. (Pictures included in the Attached) I ordered my EarthWing SuperModel just recently and am super excited to get it. Over the past four days I've skated around four hours each day on average learning to push and foot brake without killing myself, I think I'm actually doing half decent for being so new too! I rode 10 miles yesterday, so not too bad I guess. Anyways, I hope this letter is better than the average one you get, hope you also enjoy the pictures too. My dad is quite proud of his Green Sims Snake wheels and tomorrow we're taking a ride to find his Tony Alva board at my grandparents!

Peace, enjoy the countless other letters you will no doubt get,

Zach..."

Now, if that letter isn't cool enough, wait 'til you see this: Zach even included some pics of his dad's "30 year old custom skateboard", complete with what looks like Tracker FulTracks, and Sims Snakes (in the ever-so-boss-green!):

Photobucket
Now, here's the kind of dad that we all wish we had...! Now, you tell me: How cool would it be for you to find one of these in your garage...?! Zach's a lucky kid, and we told him so in our return letter. Never, ever take your dad for granted, kid...


This is exactly the sort of letter that we were all hoping for...! Good job, Zach! You've actually managed to spread a little stoke of your own today, and that kicks ass. Now, just get us an address, and we'll have a care package on the way to you in a hot minute. Actually: Your letter was such cool shit, that we're even gonna double up on your swag-pack, and send you some extra goodies.

You're welcome...!


Photobucket