Monday, October 24, 2011

Still Crankin' Out The New Artwork...

Photobucket


This week, I'm taking some time to further update the art offerings before I hit the road this weekend to destinations far and away. Here's a few of the most recent pieces:


Photobucket

The "Aperture" column at The Solitary Life originally had "found" (read: "swooped") artwork for the camera photo, so I updated this with an old hand-drawing of my very first camera, a silver-bodied Minolta X-370 SLR. I still shoot from time to time with a film-guzzling (and wallet-draining) Minolta X-Series, but nowadays it's a black-bodied X-370N with a 17-35mm zoom lens.



Photobucket

Some of the art simply had to be tracked down, and cleaned up a smidge. The Solitary Life archives are a bleedin' mess, due to the editors' utter inability to organize competently. "The Editor", of course, is yours truly... and boy, do I suck sometimes. I spent most of tonight, cursing myself. That's becoming commonplace these days.



Photobucket

Heads Up, kids: We'll soon be running the "Better Letter Contest" as a regular feature, and it'll be a choice means of winning tons of free swag. All y'gotta do is write a legible, entertaining, funny, and smart letter. I know it's hard. But seriously, you can do it. Get those letters in...! The addy is still budstratford@aol.com.



Photobucket

The beloved "Smoking Pig" logo makes it's return (we'd never, ever even think of retiring that one), cleaned up for it's new home...



Photobucket

...while the "Commuter" logo also gets a minor makeover, and a newer, bolder ink treatment courtesy of a fistful of brand-new Sharpies...



Doing the art has been a mighty good time, but I'm seriously looking forward to hitting the road, and causing some major trouble along the way. Stay tuned...!