Saturday, October 15, 2011

The Freestyle Report, October 2011

Photobucket






I can't lie. One of the greatest things about being the editor of The Solitary Life was getting AJ Kohn's Freestyle Reports every month. First of all, I was extremely proud that we covered freestyle on a consistent and recurring basis in the first place (something that virtually nobody else will even dare to do... why, we have no idea). But even better, I always loved getting AJ's enthusiastic calls about what he had up his sleeve for his newest reports. I was never, ever disappointed. Mostly because the freestyle community has so many cool, talented, and interesting people involved that really, you can never go wrong with that crowd.




So, when I called AJ last week with my proposal for Everything Skateboarding, one of the first things out of his mouth was, "Hey, have you seen Kilian's newest YouTube video yet...?!" Well, damn! No, I hadn't! The reason?! There hasn't been a Freestyle Reporter around in seven months to give me the heads-up on this sort of stuff (my fault, of course- not AJ's). But, given that Kilian is one of our house favorites here at The Solita... ummm, Everything Skateboarding... well, you know damn good and well that checking that shit out suddenly became Job One on my to-do shit list.







I don't think that much needs to be said, really. Just watch it, and prepare for the usual blowing away that Kilian (and his partner in crime, Brett Novak) deliver every time.





There is one thing that we might point out, though. In some clips, we can see that Kilian is riding his first-ever pro model that cameout on Sk8Kings last year. If we never congratulated Kilian on that... well, congratulations buddy! In other clips, we can see that Kilian recently got officially accepted by the legandary Powell-Peralta as their newest teamrider. Kilian...! Congratulations again, buddy!



Photobucket



Copyright 2011 Everything Skateboarding Magazine