Monday, November 15, 2010

Newsworthy: November 15th, 2011

Photobucket


Here's a couple of super-cool things that just arrived in my inbox last week:



Photobucket


The Legion is underway with their new Ron Allen model. Ron is a legendary street skater (many of us older-schoolers might remember him from his H-Street/Life Skateboards days) that is always model-worthy. Look for more stuff from Frankie Hill, Eric Ricks, and the crew at:

www.thelegionskateboards.com.




Photobucket

Richard Kirby at Big Mess is one of the coolest dudes on the planet, and he just paired up with one of the biggest legends of skateboarding in Rick "The Doctor" Blackhart for the newest Big Mess deck. Check out those dimensions and drool, because this puppy looks totally shred-worthy. What you can't see in the comp, is that it's also got front-truck wheelwells. Rule, rule, rule.

www.bigmessskateboards.com.



Photobucket


A couple weeks back, Jason Filipow over at By The Sword sent me a news tidbit for me to check out... and like a total loser, I completely spaced/misplaced it. Jason, I am sorry! In any rate, I went and checked out Regulator Distribution's website (www.regulatordist.com) to see if I could find what Jason was referring to... and, this looks like it might be it. The Fall 2010 By The Sword decks are in stock, and shipping! And, they look great, too. Good job, guys.



Photobucket


While was at Regulator, I also happened upon this little tidbit from 1031 (Kristian Svitak's gig). Now, this is kinda ruling for two reasons. One: Notice that Breeders deck down there. If you don't know who the Breeders are, and why I'm all kinds of happy over this... just, go YouTube 'em. Actually, on second thought, y'know what?! I'll just do it for ya:





The Breeders' classic single from their "Last Splash" album (which kicks ass), "Cannonball"... directed by the one and only Spike Jonze...





... although I personally dug this one even better. Kim Deal's follow-up project, The Amps. From their cult classic album (Pacer), this track's called "Tipp City". Fucking ripping, man. Genius.



But, also note the "100% Made In The USA" quip right there. The rumour mill has been spewing for months that 1031 is sourced in China. I asked Svitak about that on the Glory Bound tour, and he assured me that the rumour mill is totally incorrect. As it generally is, I might add...


That's all for this week! Keep that news coming in, guys...!


Photobucket